Wednesday, 19 December 2012

Morrissey




There's a club if you'd like to go. You can meet somebody who really loves you. So you go and you stand on your own, you leave on your own, you go home, you cry and you want to die. I am human and I need to be loved just like everybody else does.

This is the guy who started it all. If you have watched 500 Days of Summer, then you know what I'm talking about! The father of indie, if you must. I have met Morrissey. Nothing else matters.

His concert was amazing as expected even though he didn't do 'There Is A Light That Never Goes Out'.  The crowd was good and it just felt like I belonged! The whole Saturday was pretty stellar to be honest all thanks to the bestie!

As soon as the opening chords to "How Soon Is Now" was played, I found myself in tears. I looked up and Morrissey was standing right in front of me, the lights directly above him. He looked like God. I wept some more. It was absolutely perfect.

P.S.

This year I have met so many amazing legends like Morrissey and Russell Brand (more on that later), shared the stage with some top acts, and got to work with the coolest musicians like Kimbra, Mt. Eden, Ruby Frost, The Black Seeds, not to mention the DJs I regularly support. WOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment